Yesterday was Saturday and Lord knows I’m not the best at weekend blogging so I forgot all about the 30 day challenge until today. I don’t want to get behind on this so I decided to post yesterday’s blog along with today’s. I’m supposed to list the top 5 things that make me happy right now. I’ve been in a very good place for the last few months or so which makes it easy to come up with things I’m happy about right now. If I had to narrow it down to just five, this is what they would be:
- My current relationship with God- Although I’m nowhere near where I need to be, I have grown so much in my faith and walk with God. I can see a positive change in my life which I know is in direct correlation with the strengthening of my relationship with Him. I have been making efforts to go to church more often, attend Bible study on Wednesdays when I can, and praying and reading my Bible much more than I used to. I’m not saying I do everything right all the time, but I do feel like I am becoming a better person and I owe that to following God’s direction.
- My home life- My home life has been my go to for peace as of late. When work gets crazy which it often does, my home is my place to unwind and let myself go. Since school is out for summer, it’s been a joy staying up later with Trey and doing more fun activities together than we’re able to during the hectic school year. The three of us in this house have fun together and I feel like we grow together; I love coming home from work to spend my evenings and weekends with the two guys who mean the world to me.
- My love for myself- Since I’ve strengthened my relationship with God, it seems as though I see myself in a different light than I did before. I used to struggle behind closed doors with self esteem issues and as a result my life suffered because I settled for things I shouldn’t have. I didn’t feel like I deserved the best. My love for myself has grown tremendously and I know it has played a major part in me finding joy within myself. I’ve also started back working out and trying to eat healthier which also makes me feel better inside and out. I made a decision at the start of the year to only do things that will be fulfilling to me. I don’t spend my time these days things I don’t find appealing and only agree to things I want to do. I also make sure to always keep moving forward in my dreams even if I feel like I’m not getting anywhere in that moment.I have learned that you control your own happiness; I try to control mine as much as I can by focusing on my own joy instead of what will make others happy.
- My relationships with my family- I have always been a family girl and I plan to keep it that way. Every member of my family on both sides offers me some sort of insight to life every time I talk to them and they probably don’t even realize it. I take pride in having a close relationship with all my cousins no matter how far away they live. I’m the type to reach out to my aunts and uncles often to swap our opinions on things happening in society and our personal lives. It’s a blessing to have both of my grandmothers and my grandpa still alive and I take advantage by seeking wisdom from them whenever I can. And you all read from my previous post how tight I have become with my parents in the recent years, so you can only imagine how much happiness my family brings to my life.
- Being a mother- Being called Trey’s mom gives more purpose to my life than any other title I’ve ever held. I enjoy watching him grow up into the man he will be so much, and knowing that I’m partially responsible for shaping him into that man has made me mature so much. I love hearing about his days, his dreams and fears, his curiosity about the world, and definitely his peculiar knowledge of basketball. I believe in him so much and watching him grow up each and everyday is by far one of the happiest feelings I’ve ever witnessed.